Siteground has been in existence for nearly ten years now, and have become widely known and accepted in the industry for pushing the technological boundaries that make them one of the fastest, most reliable and secure web hosting providers around.
SiteGround Shared Hosting Plans
Siteground offers three different plans for their shared web hosting; Startup, GrowBig, and GoGeek. Also, they now offer a unique WooCommerce plan that is based upon their GoGeek plan that you can read more about here.
You can see a quick comparison of the plans by feature, along with the pricing in the table below:
[x_button shape=”rounded” size=”regular” float=”none” href=”https://vscripts.net/go/siteground” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]Go for SiteGround Now[/x_button]
A summary of the most important features of each plan is below:
This is Siteground’s basic plan that starts at just $3.95 per month. According to their website it includes:
- SSD Storage
- Free domain name
- Free setup & transfer
- 30 days money back guarantee
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- 24/7 technical support
- Unlimited Traffic, Emails, DBs. NOTE – they indicate that it is suitable for up to 10,000 monthly visits.
- cPanel & SSH access
- Free Daily Backup
- Cloudflare CDN
- Supercacher Static Caching only
- WordPress & Joomla Toolkits – This allows automation of various tasks.
Unless you need access to Siteground’s developer features, this is our recommended plan. Not only do you get all three levels of their awesome Supercacher (by this we mean caching for database and object cache), but you get the following:
- 30 days worth of backups with easy access to restore
- Unlimited websites
- One year free SSL
- Priority support
- Suitable for around 25,000 visits monthly.
The Supercacher uses Nginx and Memcached to cache both dynamic and static content and works with WordPress, Joomla and more recently Magento (update, their Magento Supercacher is only available on their Cloud Hosting).
If you need some seriously great hosting, then you have to consider their GoGeek plan. This comes will all previous features discussed, in addition to the following:
- Fewer accounts on each server, meaning you can use up to 4 times more resources than their StartUp plan
- PCI compliant server for e-commerce allowing you to take credit card details on your site.
- Developer features – This is one of our favorite things about them. Automaticallycreate staging copies of your site so you can test changes before pushing them live with a single click. Not only that but for the more advanced developer you have pre-installed GIT, with automatic setup. There is also WP-CLI integration available, as well as Drush if you are a Drupal maniac.
Siteground has been very proactive over the last couple of years creating custom solutions such as SuperCacher, Developer features, or Toolkits for WordPress and Joomla.
- WordPress & Joomla Toolkits (all plans) – Automate simple tasks such as resetting admin passwords, fixing file permission issues, changing the domain address, or just deleting the installation. These tools arose as a result of SiteGround support repeatedly being asked to solve the same questions faced by their customers. By having access to these tools, you too can help your customers easily and quickly.
- SuperCacher with Nginx and Memcache (Static only on StartUp). This makes your WordPress, Joomla or Drupal website extremely fast
- Fantastic developer features (GoGeek only) such as Site Staging, WP-CLI, Drush integration and Git integration.
- PHP 7 + Opcache – This is a relatively new feature, which you can read more about here. You can also look at some benchmarks showing the significant speed increase PHP 7 has over earlier versions.
- HTTP/2 – This is a great new technology that significantly improves the performance of your HTTPS website. In fact, it is worth implementing HTTPS for the speed increase, as well as the SEO benefits.
If something goes wrong, you need to know that someone will be on hand to help you out. Accidentally deleted your site? No problem. Messed Up your WordPress install or trying to work out a .htaccess 301 redirect but cannot get it to work? No problem. They have some of the most helpful, and fast support technicians we have seen.
If you sign up, just ask them a quick query. We guarantee they will respond within a few minutes. It is that fast. But it is not just about speed here.
Siteground are fanatical about WordPress, Joomla, and even Magento among many other talents. They have the technical ability to help you out, and if required can be hired to carry out more technical work too.
Simply the best and fastest support you will ever find at a web host
They have one of the best uptime figures going. They never have problems with their data centers, or have technicians to get it solved before downtime.
A screenshot of their publicly displayed uptime figures are shown below:
One of the reasons why their Uptime figures are so high is that they have built custom server monitoring software that can automatically resolve 90% of issues without human interaction.
They also track their servers in real time, not 1-5 minutes like other hosts. Furthermore, while other hosts can take the time to react to the downtime, you can see how their system can mean vastly less downtime.
Is it Fast?
SiteGround is one of the faster web hosts. The average response time of the shared server my site was on was below 200 ms, which is pretty darn impressive. SiteGround claims to use only the latest technology on all their hardware. They apparently periodically move user accounts from old hardware to new, upgraded, faster servers in a bid to ensureoptimal performance for end-user sites at all times.
Equipped with their proprietary Account Isolation Technology, their servers make sure that one bad user account doesn’t cause issues for everyone else on the same server. This provides the shared hosting customers of SiteGround a VPS-like reliability & security.
SiteGround also offers advanced caching features that are usually unavailable in shared hosting — like memcached, SuperCacher etc. It also offers users the option to enable Google’s PageSpeed module, something that ensures that your website follows all the latest site speed related guidelines by Google automatically without you needing to mess with the code yourself.
SiteGround combines efficient hosting services with affordable pricing. Its tech support is inferior to none.
and its is must go for without a second thought.
[x_button shape=”rounded” size=”regular” float=”none” href=”https://vscripts.net/go/siteground” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]Go for it Now![/x_button]
Latest posts by Punit Makwana (see all)
- 4 Reasons Why The Web Host You Choose Actually Matters - April 22, 2017
- 5 Simple Ways to Speed-Up Your Content Writing - April 22, 2017
- How Changing Few colors can super boost your website - April 14, 2017