Web hosting services are an integral part of the internet. Nowadays, there are many web hosting companies in the market. Kinsta is one of those companies and in a little time it has become one of the key players in this industry. Therefore, we decided to write this Kinsta reviews to provide insight into the Kinsta performance.
Key Kinsta Features
- Managed hosting. That means Kinsta handles the tech while you focus on the other stuff.
- Optimized for WordPress. Obviously – it’s what they do!
- Built on Google Cloud. Kinsta’s infrastructure is powered by the Google Cloud platform.
- 3 different data centers. Choose from USA, Europe, or Asia Pacific. This is great for allowing you to locate your server where your primary audience is.
- Free site migrations. Migrations are easy to initiate from inside the dashboard.
- Easy staging areas. Make changes to your site in a staging area and only push them live when you know they work.
- WordPress-specific security features. Kinsta monitors for malicious attacks, DDoS, and other security issues.
- Unlimited visitors. You’re charged by actual server usage, not visitors like some other managed hosts.
- Automatic backups. It’s super easy to restore to a backup – you just need to click a button.
- 24/7 Uptime Monitoring. They seriously check your site every minute to monitor uptime – that’s awesome!
- Expert support. Get support via tickets, Intercom, and an awesome knowledge base.
- Scalability. Never worry about going viral or other traffic spikes.
Key Kinsta Specifications
- PHP 7, HHVM, NGNIX, MariaDB
- SSH, WP-CLI, Git
- 32 CPU Google Compute Engine servers
- LXD-based container technology
Managed WordPress Hosting Plans
Kinsta allows the customers greater flexibility with regards to the hosting plans. There are two main plans that are offered, Business Plans and Enterprise Plans. For clients who require custom solutions, there is provision for that as well.
Business Hosting Plan
The Business plan has four packages in total ranging from $100 to $400 per month. The package includes provisions of SSD storage space, free data migrations, DNS management, uptime checkups and much more.
Enterprise Hosting Plan
As for the Enterprise plans, there are also four packages to choose from. You start off with $600 per month and can move up to $1500 per month. The features are more or less the same as those offered in Business Plans. However, there is a significant increase in bandwidth and storage space. The number of sites than can be managed as well the automatic scaling are also increased. As Kinsta uses the Google cloud platform, the users are not restricted to one data center.
WordPress and WooCommerce Hosting
In our humble opinion, perhaps the biggest competitive edge which Kinsta has over its rivals is their support staff and Google cloud platform. Kinsta is optimized for WordPress hosting. Some users might argue that the dashboard is not as user-friendly as WP Engine. However, Kinsta uses all the latest technology including PHP7, HTTP/2, Google Cloud and so on. This gives it a considerable speed advantage over WP Engine. Free data migrations can take a lot off your plate as it is one of the toughest tasks of WordPress Hosting.
WooCommerce has now become the real deal, and many people prefer to buy stuff online. Thus there is great potential for growth if you host the online stores. However, in order for your idea to be successful, the website has to invoke confidence in the customer. Therefore, you would need your site up and running at all time at optimum speed. This is where Kinsta can provide you solutions. Armed with developer-friendly features such as NGIX, SSH, and Github, etc. Kinsta can make your WooCommerce experience worthwhile. Not only can you enjoy the free data migration but also you can rest assured that all the data is being back up regularly. Having a short loading time for your stores is important. This is because slow loads can result in revenue drops, fall in SEO rankings and customer dissatisfaction. Therefore the WooCommerce powered store can really perform well on Kinsta WooCommerce optimized hosting plan.
Support and Customer Service
We have already touched upon this in the previous section, but we figured that this deserves a special mention. Kinsta prides itself for its responsiveness support. The customer service team at Kinsta comprises of an expert team that has years of hands-on experience working with WordPress. New customers often look for help regarding data migrations and troubleshooting. The support team is available 24×7, and every time there is support staff available for a live chat session or a telephone call. This is an important aspect of customer support and Kinsta understands it well. To accommodate foreign customers, multilingual support is available. Furthermore, the knowledgebase is well equipped and provides some valuable insight regarding all matters related to web hosting. Besides Kinsta, another web hosting company that serving excellent customer support is SiteGround.
Uptime Performance and Server Status
One of the major factors that contribute to customer satisfaction is the uptime. No website owner wants their websites to down frequently. Similarly, slow loading speed is also an issue. Hence, speed is also a parameter to be monitored. As per the customer reviews, Kinsta has excellent uptime percentage and speed. Another Kinsta review mentioned Kinsta had an impressive sub-one-second response for the entire duration of the 30 minutes test. Also, a quarter million requests were registered within that time. The peak response time that was recorded was 1.5 seconds which is quite low when compared to other companies.
Pros of Kinsta
- Excellent customer support
- Free data migration
- High-security network
- Automatic backups at external sites
- Multiple data centers to choose from
- Optimized for WordPress and WooCommerce
- Powered by Google Cloud Platform
Cons of Kinsta
- It is more expensive than its competitors
Throughout the course of this article, we have discussed some of the salient features of Kinsta. As far as customer support and uptime levels are concerned, Kinsta is unparalleled. Not only that, but it is also equipped with the latest technology like Google Cloud, NGIX, SSH, and PHP7, etc. The business and enterprise plans allow the customer with great flexibility along with SSD storage, automatic backup, and bandwidth, etc. Although Kinsta is more expensive than some of the other options available in the market, it is still well worth its price tag. If you are looking for a cheaper web hosting solution with great performance, we would recommend SiteGround and InMotion Hosting.Get Kinsta Web Hosting
Latest posts by Punit Makwana (see all)
- 4 Reasons Why The Web Host You Choose Actually Matters - April 22, 2017
- 5 Simple Ways to Speed-Up Your Content Writing - April 22, 2017
- How Changing Few colors can super boost your website - April 14, 2017